Honeyed yogurt fruit salad
Makes 4 servings
Prep time: 15 minutes
Freezing time: 1 to 2 hours
Ingredients – fruit salad
- 2 bananas, peeled and sliced
- 250 mL (1 cup) seedless grapes
- 250 mL (1 cup) peeled melon cubes
- 250 mL (1 cup) fresh strawberries or raspberries
- 2 kiwis peeled and slices
Ingredients – yogurt and honey sauce
- 250 mL(1 cup) plain 2% yogourt
- 15 mL(1 tbsp) liquid honey
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) lemon juice
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) orange juice
- 1 mL (1/4 tsp) vanilla extract
Directions – fruit salad
- Prepare fruit salad just before serving.
- Gently combine all ingredients in large bowl.
- Divide among 4 dessert bowls.
Directions – yogurt and honey sauce
- Sauce is best when prepared in advance
- In bowl, mix all ingredients.
- Chill for 1 to 2 hours before serving
- Drizzle over fruit salad.
Nutritional Information per serving
- Calories: 216
- Protein: 5 g
- Total fat: 2 g
- Saturated fat: 0.7 g
- Cholesterol: 4 mg
- Carbohydrates: 50 g
- Fibre: 4.1 g
- Sugars: 30 g
- Added sugar: 4.5 g
- Sodium: 54 mg
- Potassium: 731 mg
The total sugar content in this recipe includes sugars that occur naturally in such nutritious foods as milk, fruit and vegetables. This recipe meets Heart and Stroke Foundation guidelines, which strictly limit the amount of added sugar per serving.
Recipe provided by Dairy Farmers of Canada ©
Posted: November 2010